Proven, Results-Focused Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you have been arrested for DUI, drugs, theft, assault or some other offense, your future hangs in the balance. You need a criminal defense lawyer who will present clear options based on the facts of your case and decades of experience navigating the Oregon court system.
Perhaps more than anything, you need a Beaverton and Portland area criminal law attorney you can talk to openly and trust to deliver maximum effort. You will work with a lawyer like that if you turn to us at Helzer & Cromar.
Difference-Making Legal Representation Throughout the Beaverton Area
Our law firm is widely known for providing attentive, resourceful criminal defense. This means we will consider unique concerns involving your job and family, and we will help you explore all viable solutions. Then we will take action targeting the best possible outcome for you, whether through negotiation or skilled, well-prepared trial defense.
Decades of Experience Handling Misdemeanors and Felonies in Oregon
Our attorneys’ extensive Oregon criminal law experience covers a broad range of misdemeanors and felonies. We represent both adults and youthful offenders, leveraging proven ability to win favorable results for people accused of:
- DUI (DUII) and other alcohol-related offenses such as minor in possession (MIP) — including underage DUI, representation of people with multiple DUI convictions, and DUI defense for out-of-state residents charged in Oregon
- Drug offenses ranging from marijuana sale to possession, manufacturing and trafficking charges involving methamphetamine, cocaine or prescription drugs
- Domestic violence, nondomestic assault and battery, and other crimes of violence
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault and other Measure 11 charges, child pornography possession and sexting
- Weapons charges such as unlawful possession of a firearm
- Traffic violations that put a person’s standard or commercial driver’s license at risk
- Probation and parole violations
- Child endangerment and other complex charges requiring thorough investigation and strategic, innovative case building
Helping Clients Make Informed Decisions and Presenting Alternatives to Trial
We represent people who are innocent and need to prove it. We also help people minimize consequences and move on without the expense and stress of trial. We pursue diversion and “stayed sentences,” expungements and all other legal options for those who are eligible.